Monday, April 12, 2010

Hong Kong @ Day 3!

Hong Kong @ Day 3!


Pictures galore! I upload all of them until my fingers go numb. Which made me realized the hundreds of photos that I've taken in a day. Ok, whats new.

Woke up at 9am, rise and shine and had our itinerary planned out nicely!



I cleverly placed our Lumix on the edge of the window of our hotel and had it self-timed.



Tied up my hair in pleats too! (Which got messed up right after I left the hotel.)

Weather was great! Cooling, but not too cold. Stockings are just right.

Empire Hotel is situated along Kimberly Road. And i dig those street signs. Gives me a nostalgic feeling.


We checked with the staffs from our hotel and they recommended this Dim Sum restaurant within walking distance from our hotel.


I looked like i just woke up... actually i am just very starved.


We mass ordered food! It was not bad la.


I had energy to cam-whore after eating my fill. Heez...


After our hearty brunch, we took the MTR to Mong Kok for some daytime shopping!
There were so many branches of SASA in Hong Kong. Its SASA everywhere! Every street, every turn, every corner. Its intimidating. @.@

We managed to follow the crowd and found this cool street that housed the coolest international labels!


Yes, that's Japan's Beams Boy!



I love their casual array of clothes. Their line is like what you'd wear on a lazy Sunday.

But prices are steep too... wooo~


We found Adidas too, but unlike those boring Adidas stores in Singapore, their stores there are themed and has loadsa streetwear.




Just a few units away, we spotted an Adidas Flagship shop! Double storey and trust me, everything there are so so trendy. I almost bought myself a pair of cute high-cut sneakers.


There's also Marc Jacabs (at the street behind me), Calvin Klein, Agnes br and many more international brands along that street.



BenBen found his JUICE shop too! His favourite!



Opened by Edison Chen, and we know that he is not named a trend-setter for nothing.


Those sneakers are darn funky! We managed to grab this photo before being warned by the pretty salesgirls that no cameras are allowed. I've got the fastest fingers.


Evening time, we headed to The Peak for our Tram ride + Madame Tussauds visit!

Buy both tickets together and enjoy some savings for your wallet. Both tickets cost about SGD$36 for one pax.

And its worth it.


The queue to sit the Tram Ride was crazy! In fact there wasn't any visible queue. Everyone just pushed and squeezed. Japanese aunties can really PUSH i tell you.


One tram can hold up to 120pax. And there's only 2 trams there, one going up while the other comes down. And its a long wait if you are stuck among the crowd. Try to go there earlier to avoid the people mass.


The view as we ride upwards was breadth-taking! And it was really steep too! I felt like i was almost parallel to the floor.


The Tram will take us to this shopping mall at The Peak. You have to go up those escalators and exit those doors by the side at every storey to enjoy the wonderful view outside!



Its cold up at that altitude! Brrrrr~ I tried to do yoga there with the freshest air.

And BenBen promised that he will buy that house (the one at the top-most) for us... Even his lies sound so sweet up there. Awwww~


And we visited Madame Tussauds!!! Its worth the ticket price! Haha, i enjoyed myself thoroughly.

Coz I saw my ex, Brad there. He still makes my heart flutter.


And BenBen met his ex, Cecilia too. (no naked photos of them today, sorry.)


Aaron was there and invited BenBen up on his stage.


While I tried to kiss 国荣 when BenBen wasn't looking...




... But darn, he's too tall for me to reach...



BenBen saw his Royal Family as well...



... so I took a photo with my in-laws too.



I told Gandhi to change to a better walking stick. The one he was using might break anytime.



And I told Hitler to come back for dinner tonight too.




Met up with my Uncle at Madame Tussauds. He seems pretty happy to see his niece. But i am not a fan of his clothing wear tho.




I also sent my neighbour off in his private jet.




Oppz, and Mr Lee borrowed my shades as the spotlights were too bright there.




I chided Einstein for coming out with those useless formulas and equations which we only got to use in University.




BenBen played with his Astro Boy and wanted to fly with him.


We spotted Leon Lai who looked disturbingly like WS, BenBen's brother (Alice and Viv, you will agree with this right!). And he gave me a lift to the second hall.


Jack Sparrow was pissed that he missed his ship that he don't seem to want to take photos with BenBen.




So BenBen went to look for Beckham for a game or two.




I saw Ronaldo and we had eye-contact.


Tiger Woods has his serious moments too.




oOoo, I like naked men... with pointed nipples.


Ewwww~ BenBen saw his another ex on the second level.




I am fine with it. Coz we are all friends anyway.





Madonna tried to teach me some of her dance steps on stage. I screwed it up, as usual.



Sister Mei was the one who stole Ghandi's walking stick, we found that.




There was also this Haunted Ghost House inside Madame Tussauds which BenBen and I tout it totally did not fit the whole theme. But we went inside anyway. Scared the shit outta me. Hahah!


The Peak was totally enjoyable. We missed the chilling winds and magnificant view from up there! And also those hugs and sweet lies, oh i meant words... we made up there. Hee...


But dismounting from The Peak was crazy. We had to queue outdoors, and the weather was freaking cold!!! The wind was merciless and the water vapour and haze didn't make it better. I was shivering like a poor lil kitten for about 30mins before the tram came to take us down to Earth.


We wanted to rush to see the lights display at the other side of the island but we knew we were late. So we slowly walked to the MTR (which was 20mins away from The Peak!) and BenBen took pictures of Hong Kong's tall sky scrapers along the way.



I am missing Hong Kong's night lights already!


-: Hong Kong Day 4 coming up soon! :-

No comments: